Saturday 1 May 2010

Booze Britian?

Are we really booze Britain?

"According to the Institute of Alcohol Studies, young people in the UK are the third worst binge drinkers in the EU. What's more, the Joseph Rowntree Foundation found that over 50% of 15 to 16 year-olds have participated in binge drinking, and another report showed that 44% of 18 to 24-year-olds are regular binge drinkers."



According to these statistics and their definition of binge drinking, I am also a binge drinker and part of 44% of the 18-24 years old who regularly binge drink, but I don't feel like one. Me and my friends meet up and we go for drinks. We don't do it all the time as we're usually busy, so when we do meet up we make the most of it.
In recent times I think the government have come up with this term "binge drinking" and basically put everyone into this category who has more than one drink every so often. I don't think it's very fair and I do believe it is worrying a lot of teens and young drinkers, like myself, who are actually drinking responsibly.
My advice, just be aware of what you're drinking, be aware of the consequences but still go out and have a good time! If they're gonna call us Booze Britain surely we should give them a reason to... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment